辽宁11选5时时彩开奖结果查询

Month: August 2018

Powered by Szmybj518!

Briefs

WMC spin-offs up
Nanjing Night Net

[BB] MELBOURNE – Shares in WMC Resources Ltd and Alumina Ltd, the spin-off companies from former resource giant WMC Ltd, hit record highs yesterday with a combined price well above the $10. 20 takeover bid which sparked the split.

WMC Resources has rallied on the back of booming nickel prices, the group closing yesterday ahead 21c, or more than four per cent, at $4.93.

That is 45 per cent more than its initial listing price of $3.40 on December 3, 2002.

Motorway growth

SYDNEY – Shares in M2 motorway operator Hills Motorway Group put on 2.4 per cent yesterday as brokers warmed to strong monthly traffic figures and predicted earnings growth in the future.

The thinly-traded securities rose 15c to close at $6.31, off an intraday high of $6.37.

On Tuesday, Hills said average daily traffic on its M2 motorway in Sydney grew 7.4 per cent to 66,661 trips a day in September, despite hitting motorists with a 15 per cent toll increase in July.

TAB action settled

SYDNEY – Payment technology maker Keycorp Ltd has settled a legal action with TAB Ltd over faulty parts in NSW betting machines, but financial details were kept secret.

Keycorp said both parties signed a “formal agreement on the terms of settlement of the dispute”, which had led NSW- based TAB to launch an action two months ago claiming damages of at least $6 million.

Charity card focus

SYDNEY – St George Bank Ltd has launched its first charity-focused credit card, in the hope that Australian generosity will help lift its share of the market.

The new Australian Spirit MasterCard charges customers a middle-of-the-road 14.99 per cent interest and $55 a year, with an interest- free period of up to 55 days.

St George, Australia’s fifth- largest bank by market value, promises to donate 0.4 per cent of every dollar spent on the card – or 40c in every $100 – to a charity, school or community organisation chosen by the customer.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


24/08/2018 0

Smithton trespass duo think of appeal

Norman Eric Richardson, 58, and Elizabeth Elsie Richardson, 60, of William St, appeared in the Burnie Magistrates Court yesterday and were convicted of being at Preminghana, also known as Mt Cameron, without permission on March 2 last year.
Nanjing Night Net

The trial was seen as a test case for Aboriginal control over land handed back to them.

The Richardsons had entered the land to climb Mt Cameron as members of an organised prayer circle who were visiting a number of high points around Circular Head to pray for reconciliation.

Other circle members had gone to The Nut and Mt Balfour and Mr Richardson was chosen to go to Mt Cameron because he was an employee of the Circular Head Aboriginal Corporation.

Magistrate Tim Hill said he was satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that both Mr and Mrs Richardson knew they were not permitted to enter the land without prior permission.

He described their actions as “arrogant and supercilious’ and said it was as if they thought they were above the law.

“Mrs Richardson admitted seeing signs in the car park prohibiting entry on to the mountain,” Mr Hill said.

“However, she did not think it applied to them because other members of her church group had been there before and because they had no ulterior motives such as causing damage or committing crimes.

“In my view, it’s a nonsense to suggest that no trespassing signs are only meant to apply to those persons seeking to enter land for an unlawful purpose,” Mr Hill said.

Mr Hill convicted the Richardsons of the charge, but adjourned sentencing provided they be of good behaviour for two years.

Outside the court yesterday, Mr Richardson, who has been employed as a youth worker for the Circular Head Aboriginal Corporation for the past two years, said he was “surprised, shocked and devastated” by the decision.

Mr Richardson said because he worked with the Aboriginal community he thought it would be “okay” to enter the land and said he also expected that land handed back to the Aboriginal community would be available for others to visit.

Mr Richardson said the couple would be considering all their options and had not ruled out lodging an appeal.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


24/08/2018 0

Statue theft anger

BALLARAT’S famous Queen Victoria statue has been targeted by vandals, who have stolen the bronze figure of flying Victory she holds aloft.Ballarat Police believe the historic monument, which stands opposite Town Hall in Sturt St, was attacked on Monday night and have called for the swift and safe return of the irreplaceable artefact.Ballarat City Council was yesterday reviewing images from its web camera positioned on top of the Town Hall in the hope of identifying the thieves.Senior Constable Adrian Rivaliand said it was particularly disturbing that vandals were prepared to act so brazenly in such a well-lit, high-profile public area.”Lots of people travel this section of Sturt St throughout the night and we are appealing to anyone who has seen anything unusual – including people climbing on the statue – to contact us,” Sen Const Rivaliand said.He said it was hoped the figure would be returned so it could be repositioned on the statue.Mayor David Vendy said he was appalled by the apparent increase of senseless vandalism in the city.”Enough is enough. This is a priceless artefact which has stood unmolested on the Queen Victoria Monument in Sturt St for more than 100 years,” Cr Vendy said. “It is irreplaceable, and the damage to the statue is made doubly distressing by the fact that earlier this year, council spent two months and more than $15,000 restoring the monument.”Restoration works on the statue, which is conservatively valued at $1.5 million, included the re-gilding of the gilded-brass figure of flying Victory.”Until last night’s senseless theft, it was widely regarded as the finest, intact example of Queen Victoria statues in the country,” Cr Vendy said.Monday night’s incident follows a vandalism attack on the Old Ballarat Cemetery in early July, where more than 100 headstones were damaged.Ballarat a Safe City Community Safety Committee chairperson, Cr Des Hudson, said continued acts of random vandalism and theft against publically owned property were extremely disappointing.”Ballarat people are proud of this city’s significant heritage assets and will want them to remain safely on public display in the community,” Cr Hudson said.The monument was carved in Sicilian marble and was first unveiled in 1900.
Nanjing Night Net

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


24/08/2018 0

Vicky’s power fight

A WENDOUREE disability pensioner is fighting to have her life support electricity concession reinstated after it was suddenly cut off by the Department of Human Services.Vicky Pilven, who has required a life support ventilation machine and suction unit for 16 years, was shocked when her $75 subsidy was removed without warning from her Origin Energy account.Ms Pilven, 49, had been receiving the electricity concession from DHS since 1991, but a recent DHS review found the machines she used no longer qualified for a subsidy.Ballarat Province Independent MLC Dianne Hadden this week called on parliament to immediately reinstate the concession which Ms Pilven had received for 16 years.”Vicky isn’t asking for anything that she is not entitled to,” Ms Hadden said. “The anxiety this has caused her is incredible.”Ms Pilven was issued a warning letter from Origin Energy threatening to disconnect her electricity supply after she paid her account less the usual $75 concession.But Origin Energy public relations manager Yvette Reade said that Ms Pilven would never have had her power cut.”Ms Pilven is a flagged customer which means her electricity will never be turned off because of the equipment she is on,” Ms Reade said.”When we realised what had occurred, we assured her she was never going to be disconnected.”A DHS representative visited Ms Pilven’s Wendouree home on Thursday to assess her circumstances, needs and requirements, said DHS spokesperson Janine Rogers.”Those assessments are continuing with urgency and we will be informing Ms Pilven as soon as possible about how we can help her,” Ms Rogers said.”DHS offers concessions to people with certain types of life support machines, which use large amounts of energy. During a recent review, it was discovered that Ms Pilven didn’t have the type of machine which qualified for that concession. “The type of ventilator uses much lower amounts of electricity.”Ms Hadden said that Ms Pilven required the ventilation for the rest of her life.”This isn’t a matter of Vicky trying to pay her bills, she needs this to live,” Ms Hadden said.
Nanjing Night Net

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


24/08/2018 0

Plans for a new hub

ST Andrew’s Uniting Church will become a spiritual hub housing new multi-million dollar facilities under a proposal before Ballarat’s 12 congregations.St Andrew’s, located on an 8000-square metre site in Sturt St, has been earmarked to accommodate a new worship centre and new offices for Ballarat UnitingCare, which would be relocated from its current site on the corner of Lydiard and Dana streets.The proposal, which was unveiled yesterday, would also see Ballarat’s 12 congregations merged into four, allowing the Uniting Church Trust of Victoria to redevelop or sell off a number of the city’s existing churches.Under the plans, St Andrew’s, Buninyong and Wendouree churches would survive and undergo significant upgrades.Meanwhile, a new church would be developed in the Delacombe/Alfredton area.Uniting Church Synod mission developer Dave Hall said the proposal was the latest stage of a two-year study and consultation process, which had involved parish surveys and a number of specialist consultant’s reports.”The way we are structured at the moment we are hamstrung and weighed down by trying to keep the 12 congregations going,” Mr Hall said.”Currently, Uniting Churches in Ballarat are spending about $500 per day on maintenance and property insurance.”Mr Hall said although 10,540 people in Ballarat described themselves as “Uniting Church people” at last census, attendance on any given Sunday was just 580 people across the 12 churches.The Uniting Church Synod issued a discussion paper in July 2005 outlining three options for the city’s 12 congregations.Mr Hall said of the 660 responses received, 68 per cent voted for the option to rationalise the city’s churches. “It was clear that people were saying that they really do want change,” he said.”There is a real determination across the congregations that our resources would be better spent on people than just trying to keep our own little patches going.”Under the proposal, two current congregational sites in Brown Hill and Sebastopol would be developed into community-orientated centres for outreach.”We will be hoping for an in-principle vote of support and will then go away and see if it is feasible and return for a vote later this year,” Mr Hall said.”We’d expect a fair majority to support the proposal being faithful to what congregation members have been telling us.”
Nanjing Night Net

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


24/08/2018 0
辽宁11选5时时彩开奖结果查询
北京时时一天几期 两面盘怎么玩 全年无错36特威 功夫时时彩计划安卓版 重庆时时开奖预测软件 最好pk10计划软件app 北京pk10冠亚和值漏洞 任何app棋牌都能破解 时时彩组六720注号码 飞艇6码345678技巧